Pre and Post-Op Moderate Sedation Instructions
- A responsible adult, over the age of 18, must accompany the patient to the clinic and wait on site until procedure has been completed. Following sedation, a responsible adult must escort the patient home and remain with the patient for the next several hours.
- A parent or legal guardian must accompany minors (persons under the age of 18).
- No food or liquids for 8 hours before the start of the procedure. If food/liquids are consumed within this time frame, please call the office immediately
- Stay well hydrated the day before the scheduled procedure.
- Take all medications as normal with a small sip of water unless specifically directed otherwise by Dr. Dillon Patel
- >For patients diagnosed with diabetes or taking blood thinners (i.e. Plavix, Warfarin, Coumadin, Xarelto), please contact the office for instructions
- >For patients diagnosed with asthma, please bring your rescue inhaler with you
- Wear loose, comfortable, older clothing that allows access to both arms and that is not restrictive to your neck (some medications or materials may permanently stain clothing)
- Please inform your Enamel provider and have a list available of any medical conditions, medications, or any previous/upcoming surgeries before the scheduled procedure date
- If you have had any sickness involving the upper respiratory system within the past 2weeks (severe sinus conditions, severe cold, bronchitis, flu, COVID-19 etc.), please inform the clinic as your procedure may need to be rescheduled to a later date for your safety.
- Following sedation, patients should refrain from driving an automobile, drinking alcohol or engaging in any activity that requires alertness until at least the next day. This timeframe may vary from patient to patient.
For any questions, concerns, or problems prior to or following sedation, please contact: Your Enamel Doctor